5. You meet your soul mate. However, there is a catch: Every three years, someone will break both of your soul mate's collarbones with a Crescent wrench, and there is only one way you can stop this from happening: You must swallow a pill that will make every song you hear--for the rest of your life--sound as if it's being performed by the band Alice in Chains. When you hear Creedence Clearwater Revival on the radio, it will sound (to your ears) like it's being played by Alice in Chains. If you see Radiohead live, every one of their tunes will sound like it's being covered by Alice in Chains. When you hear a commercial jingle on TV, it will sound like Alice in Chains; if you sing to yourself in the shower, your voice will sound like deceased Alice vocalist Layne Staley performing a capella (but it will only sound this way to you).
Would you swallow the pill?
5. Well, does she sing? Because if she sounds like Alice in Chains then that could be a quick slope towards her not being my soulmate anymore. But after having explained this to her, I guess it would be mostly up to her. I mean if she was okay with the collarbone thing, then I guess that's what we'd do. 3 years is pretty harsh though. I definitely don't want that kind of pain inflicted on her. Maybe I could beat the system and remove my soulmates collar bones so that when they break it doesn't cause her any pain. I don't know how it would feel to not have collarbones though. Wait, I got it. We put in synthetic collarbones, so its like she still has them, just not the originals. Then the originals go in a museum or something and someone breaks them every 3 years. Everybody wins. But I think I would like to hear some songs being played by Alice in Chains still, it'd be kinda funny, and I'd probably get used to it.
I believe hearing horrible music would be a great alternative to acquiring your Soul-mate, then the proposed Crescent Wrench yearly collectible breaking. Music can be avoided, there are many more hobbies and activities to partake in. Soul-mates are theoretical, but if this was a true Soul-mate, I would most definitely take the alternative choice of a pill.
ReplyDelete