Friday, August 20, 2010

Yo Cults

Hey just chilling here. Its pretty late, I mean early. 4 am, you decide. Wanted to sleep hours ago but couldn't get comfortable, as usual in this house. Have been really lazy about my dreams, but listening to some low key music really makes them seem much more interesting. Only got one more day to pack, we'll see how that goes. Trying not to think too much about the future, its a little depressing at the moment. Not in a lot of ways, but one.

Anyway, making a post because a while ago I said something about cults and never followed up on it. But as I was transferring some writing to notepads I found something I wrote in class about cults a little while ago. I'm guessing you want to read that huh?

Realizing things about yourself can sometimes be a little frightening. A cult doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. An alliance of men and women who collectively have an identity and can uniquely carry this identity wherever they go. The mafia, the Yakuza, each person an extension of a union. Individuality is somewhat lost, but in the name of a greater cause. So many intricate lives part of a simpler idea of Union, rather than separate but equal. See, these words may be inspiring, but the word 'cult' still strikes an unneccessary fear.

Eh, so only a little bit, but still more than "more on this later". So I hope all you people who have been sending me so many messages and profusely commenting about when I was going to finish my ideas, there you have it (sarcasm).

I guess I ought to get some sort of labeling system for my posts so you all can search through them easier or something. Whatever, just read everything lol.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog all of the time! I find it very interesting, and funny. I especially enjoy the questions that you post!!

    ReplyDelete