Monday, August 2, 2010

Chuck Klosterman

Chuck Klosterman is a.. writer. He uh, writes about american pop culture...screw it just click his name for the wikipedia entry lol. Yeah that's right, I'm not above lols in my blog posts. Maybe its not professional but it'll probably become professional later on. Otherwise all humor has to be like dry or sarcastic in writing since you have to be devoid of tone. So an lol lightens up the writing. Makes it so you know the writer is having a good time. You probably think I'm an idiot right now. Thats what I was thinking when I read it a second time.

Anyway he has these 23 questions that he "has to ask before he can love someone". That's not really what I think (maybe I'll make my own set of questions) but I think they are interesting nonetheless. There are some media based ones that I really have no clue to answer so I'm leaving those out. There are originally 23 questions in his book Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto. I highly recommend most of the book, as I don't really care for one of the essays seeing as I'm not big into american pop culture, and I recommend his other books. I haven't read them, but if they are anything like the first, then they are definitely worth the read.

I answered all the questions, but I'll post one or two at a time so people are more likely to answer them. I would enjoy comments! Believe me, I do want to read what you want to say, as long as it pertains to what I'm interested in. Thats how blogs work.

My answers should be invisible unless I forgot. Highlight over the big blank areas to see my answers, in case you don't want to be swayed when you answer. Actually that would be best. You should answer without looking at mine first, then we can see if our opinions overlap without knowledge of each other's thoughts. That's what you should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment