THIS is the real site: http://www.wollamshram.ca/1001/index.htm
It has pretty much everything Arabian Nights related, and online, for free. I added this to my comprehensive links and removed the old one. Story Of King Shahryar and His Brother (under Richard Burton Arabian Nights (1982-84) page 1 on the site, or that link)is the original story, but definitely a hard read. If you want the more comprehensible one, choose the link below (but don't follow anything else on the site unless you know what you're getting into lol).
ORIGINAL POST:
Here is the story: 1001 Arabian Nights. (abridged...a lot) This is the best version I could find with a few of the many stories in plain english.
It is a story of Persian decent, and contains many stories within the story, which is why its so interesting. If you read one, you'll get caught up in all of them, like I did. Don't go ruining it by checking the wikipedia page or anything now - though you might want to anyway to crosscheck it with the link.
I will also add more of Scheherazade's (read it and you'll know who I'm talking about) stories as I find them and find them interesting. Half of them are movies now.
I don't believe there is any online source with all of the stories, but you can buy the whole thing on amazon if you want. 960 pages. Probably worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment