9. A novel titled Interior Mirror is released to mammoth commerical success (despite middling reviews). However, a curious social trend emerges: Though no one can prove a direct scientific link, it appears that almost 30 percent of the people who read this book immediately become homosexual. Many of these newfound homosexuals credit the book for helping them reach this conclusion about their orientation, despite the fact that Interior Mirror is ostensibly a crime novel with no homoerotic content (and was written by a straight man).
Would this phenomenon increase (or decrease) the liklihood of you reading this book?
9. Probably increase it. I'm all about discovering stuff about myself and if the book just so happens to make me look inward and find something like that, then I guess that's the true me (unlikely). I also believe I have a fairly firm stance on myself already and I'm kind of stubborn, so I don't really think I would fall under the 30% swayed to homosexuality. I would probably do research on the type of people that have become homosexual after reading the book and see if any of them are like me. If every single one of them is just like me...well then I probably wouldn't read the book, even if afterwards I knew I would enjoy being gay. I enjoy being straight too much as it is to risk it. Hows that for not answering the question? lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment