3. Let us assume there are two boxes on a table. In one box, there is a relatively normal turtle; in the other, Adolf Hitler's skull. You have to select one of these items for your home. If you select the turtle, you can't give it away and you have to keep it alive for two years; if either of these parameters are not met, you will be fined $999 by the state. If you select Hitler's skull, you are required to display it in a semi-prominent location in your living room for the same amount of time, although you will be paid a stipend of $120 per month for doing so. Display of the skull must be apolitical.
Which option do you select?
3. Well, if I choose Hitler's skull then I guess I would have a legitimate reason to decorate it with a little square moustache. I wonder if that would look any good on a skull though. But I guess I could do that to the turtle too. Decisions, decisions. It'd probably cost money to keep that turtle, plus I'd want to keep it after the two years anyway and that's more money. If I choose the skull, then I assume the turtle will go to a good home? That's really all thats weighing on my conscience by choosing the skull. I'll take the money - and Hitler's skull sitting on top of my china cabinet or something. That could be a tourist attraction! That's even more money! And I could sell that skull afterwards. Really, I think the turtle needs to be magic or something for this decision to really be difficult.
I would most definitely NOT chose the Hitler skull. I would be bombarded by every religion out there, every single person, and in all chances, I would be murdered over the possession of the skull.
ReplyDeleteThe turtle, on the other hand, is less valuable, therefore less noticeable. Granted, the turtle could die, but most likely, you would be able to keep it alive for at least 2 years. I, myself have nothing against turtles, and it's quite normal to have a pet turtle. It's not normal at all to have a pet Adolf Hitler Skull.