Monday, August 2, 2010

CK: Question 1

Remember to answer before reading mine!!!

1. Let us assume you met a rudimentary magician. Let us assume he can do five simple tricks--he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, he can make a coin disappear, he can turn the ace of spades into the Joker card, and two others in a similar vein. These are his only tricks and he can't learn any more; he can only do these five. HOWEVER, it turns out he's doing these five tricks with real magic. It's not an illusion; he can actually conjure the bunny out of the ether and he can move the coin through space. He's legitimately magical, but extremely limited in scope and influence.

Would this person be more impressive than Albert Einstein?

1. Yes. Real magic is beyond I.Q. even in a limited scope. Though I suppose Einstein's intelligence could be classified as magic. I don't really know a whole lot about him besides he was super smart or something. But Albert Einstein was within the scope of human power, his mind was limited by whatever tangible minds are limited by. The magician has achieved something possible by no other human, even if it is done to do nothing really impressive. But knowing where the stuff actually goes is a good question, does the magician know that? (Chuck Klosterman was unavailable for questioning so unfortunately my questions go unanswered).
Plus a bunny out of ether? World hunger solved, suck it vegetarians! Also, you better like rabbit meat. And free pets.

1 comment:

  1. I know little of Albert Einstein, and he himself says his work was a horrible thing. Considering I know more of this magician, and that he can really do the suggested magics, I would believe he is more impressive. Seeing is believing, and I do not see Albert Einstein.

    ReplyDelete