Its still the same day as the last post. I thought I'd get myself started by posting some stuff. Mostly random references to other things that some people will get and some people won't. I am inspired in many ways by many different things and some of my writing comes out of this. I strive for originality, though I am probably not even close. Its kinda like Elisha Gray and Alexander Graham Bell - and many other just-too-late inventors. So even if I have created something genuinely unique, some guy that got to the officials just moments earlier could steal away my life's work. There's just too damn many people in the world. A person just as talented as Alexander Graham Bell gets his name forgotten in history because of the location of a patent office. How nice.
So what can you rely on? I hope that I have an interesting enough writing style that some dude/chick somewhere will pick me up and pay me to write stuff like this all day. And I probably could.
So I began this post with a completely different goal in mind...to enlighten you upon the first inspiration of this blog. Not what started this blog, no, that was from multiple sources. You see the catchphrase up there? "...to turn moments of previously acquired boredom into entertainment" or something. Its from a song. "Turn your tired moments into pleasure..." are the lyrics. They've stood out to me and I've finally made a use for them. And you saw my first link! I haven't even read that site and I probably won't. If you do, tell me if its good.
I'd give you a link to the song, but I still think its a little too early to let you create stereotypes in your mind about the blog. You could always google the lyrics if you're really that interested, in which case you'll probably keep reading a blog like this.
I've always been a fan of previously required boredom, without boredom, then fun would be underrated. Similar to hot and cold, if you were not cold before, then heat is all too usual. Everything is better, with it's opposite, if you know what I mean.
ReplyDelete