Thursday, January 20, 2011

Strangle Abroad

Listening to the song that has most recently grown on me; Estrangular El Extranjero (you can click the link to listen). Listen, but be wary, it is kind of weird. The electronic sound at 0:23 has been playing in my head all day. The title of the song means "Strangle Abroad".

I guess I really don't have anything else of interest to you to speak of...but heres some writing I did lately.

"Does the rain bother you?"
She asked me as we stood in front of the bay window overlooking a less than mediocre garden now being watered for the first time in months.
I guess I must've had some look of concentration or disgust on my face that would've made her think that. Otherwise, she must not know me very well to ask me such a question. I mean a writer loves the rain. That's it.
"No," I decided to answer her seriously. I didn't want to look at her.
"But writing about it does." I looked at her now. She was looking at the rain.
"Why?"
I didn't want to provide an answer. She didn't really want to listen to one.
I guess I might have had a feeling that she had written a poem that she wanted to share with me, but I didn't know it was about the rain.


I don't deserve this.
-New President of the Modesty Club

No comments:

Post a Comment