Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I will tell you

Its been a while since I've updated here...but I suppose its in my nature to attempt to be unexpected. So I'll take advantage of your mindset that I would never update it again, and hopefully catch you when you've checked one last time to be surprised at an update.

I thought about sharing a dream, but no one really wants to read those without knowing me. They aren't really as interesting as you would think, if you didn't know me.

Now, I do enjoy my subconcious. Some ideas, come from thinking about them, but sometimes you get some lines that you didn't really make on your own. Something from the back of your mind sparked and you hand obliged. This is the difference between poetry and prose for me. My best lines of poetry have been unexpected.

"I will tell you what death is like, but you may not be able to hear me"

I don't remember what I was doing when I thought this up. I don't remember even thinking it was good when I put it on my computer, though I must've when I typed it up as a message on my phone. (Boy, for a guy that doesn't like pretentiousness, I sure do talk about how great I am a lot. Hey, its my blog).

I just really enjoyed that line, maybe because it was from me, but from a me that wasn't directly me. Or thats my excuse, so I don't feel bad bragging about my own work. I wish I could think of a poem to accompany it, but I feel like I would destroy it with other lines.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment