Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Valley of Rolling Armadillos

OK so we did an exercise in our creative writing class to make up 3 titles and put them in a bag. Then we pick out three titles and pick one to title our images poem. Which I didn't know we were supposed to do, so I wrote one in class. We had to share one image, so I wrote one down as quick as I could, which was "Scarlet eyes on velveteen clouds" and some other ones later on in class, when I realized we were supposed to have more than one line. And then I added a lot after class.

So, the title of this blog post, was one of MY titles, which I liked a lot more than the titles that were given to me, I guess being much too selective in the writing I enjoy, but the best title I got was The Tuesday I lost my Apathy. The other ones were When the Lights Go Out and While Dancing in a Blackout which I guess in retrospect are a bit better than I had originally thought, but still not my favorites. I had thought of "Valley of Rolling Armadillos", "Scars From Mud", and I will never remember the last one, but it probably wasn't very good. So heres the poem I wrote.

The Tuesday I Lost My Apathy

Towels ablaze from the devil's fire shower

Marbles filled with nightmares

Scarlet eyes on velveteen clouds

A drive in movie in winter

White sheets of dried monterey
creating miniature mountains over
crumbled pieces of unlevened bread

A tie of eyelashes and unwanted shoelaces

A hollywood rendition of playground soccer

The sassafras of zyzzavas in the gazebo

Pointed candy warning the hand that
still contains baby fat

A sugary stare of plush ...

1 comment: